In collaborations with other development partners, government and both local and international institutions, we have achieved a considerable level of implementation of essential activities in line with our overall thematic areas;
Revised themes, 2021 -2025
- Humanitarian Response
- Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH);
- Shelter & Non Food Items (S&NFI);
- Protection, Gender Based Violence (P&GBV ); and
- Climate Change and Environmental Conservation
- Resilience Building
- Food Security and Livelihood; and
- Human Rights, Peacebuilding and Governance
- Health and Nutrition
- Health; and
- Research and Innovation (Cross-cutting)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning;
- Documentation and Communication; and
- Resource Mobilisation.
Approach and Principle:
SPEDP will adopt the following approaches during actions implementation:
- Working with and not for the people
- Empowering Communities. Ending Poverty and inequality
- Different faiths, common action
- Help drive change
- Plant, grow and sustain
- Telling stories that make a difference
- The Strength of People: The Power of a Community
SPEDP will adopt the following principles in actions implementation:
- Asset Based Community Development (ABCD)
Agriculture SPEDP has the following thematic programs:
The Agric/food security department is the widest department in SPEDP; it’s formed majorly with the purpose of empowering the communities of South Sudan in situation related to poverty, hunger which majorly focuses on improving food availability and standard of living with in South Sudan.
SPEDP’s education strategic objective is to Enhance Community mechanism to support formal and non-formal education – through interventions in Primary school, Vocational Skills Training (VST), life skills, Functional Adult Literacy (FAL) and Community Managed Micro-Finance (CMMF).
WASH and NFI
SPEDP with support from OFDA through Food for the hungry constructed 16 bore-holes (hand pump) for 1,302 Households both IDPs and Host Community with 9,765 beneficiaries in Jonglei State Fangak County in Old Fangak Payam. Where (G=2,711,B=3,031,W=2,116,M=1,907) under project number SSD-18/Ws/121728/14922.
Health & Nutrition
Setting up Special Vaccination Posts with an aim of interrupting WPV importation, focusing on vaccinating children 0-15 years crossing along busy routes, standardized with WHO; conducting Quarterly Cross Border meetings to review activities of the cross border; and conducting cross border bi-annual meetings with close-by districts in neighboring countries like Uganda, DRC, Ethiopia and Sudan.
Human Right, peace Building & Governance (GBV)
The project focused on empowerment of the locals mostly IDPs to access livelihood opportunities through; a). skills training (tailoring and computer), b). Gender and peace building awareness programs for reconciliation process, c). VSLA transformation programs and d). Reviving and enhancing operations of the Women Center, Grinding mill services, green houses for improved income generation opportunities.